Chamber Scholarship Applications Now Available
Six $500 scholarships are available to high school seniors in Grayslake.
The Grayslake Area Chamber of Commerce is offering six $500 scholarships to high school seniors at Grayslake Community High Schools or Village of Grayslake residents who attend another high school who plan to further their education following graduation.
The Chamber of Commerce / Joanne W. Lawrence Scholarships started in 1995 and are named for a lifetime resident of Grayslake. Lawrence has dedicated herself to Chamber businesses and the entire community for many years.
The scholarships will be awarded to students who have attained high academic performance, who have been involved in activities at school and within the community, demonstrate leadership qualities, and are committed to a business related field of study at a two or four year institution.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed cover sheet with Counselor's signature.
- One page, typed personal statement on career goals.
- Proof of acceptance (or proof of application if acceptance has not yet been received) to college or university of choice.
- A list of all school and community activities, including all leadership positions.
- Official high school transcript based on seven semesters.
- Completed Scholarship Recipient Certification.
Selection for the scholarships will be based on academic performance, activities, demonstrated leadership, and commitment to furthering their education.
Applications will be accepted through March 23. For additional information contact the Grayslake Chamber of Commerce.
-Information provided by the Grayslake Area Chamber of Commerce