Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Five Things to Know for the Week Ahead
Here are five of the notable meetings and events coming up in Grayslake this week.
- Monday: Today is the final day of Camping World's RV Show and Super Sale at the Lake County Fairgrounds at 1060 E. Peterson Rd., Grayslake. Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Explore new and used RVs and accessories. Call (847) 680-7200 or visit www.lcfair.com.
- Tuesday: The Grayslake Area Junior Chamber, also known as the Jaycees, meets at 7 p.m. at The Vine 101 Center St. The club is aimed at young people ages 21 to 40 who wish to make positive change in the community and learn new skills. Come to a meeting and see what it's about. Annual dues are $40.
- Wednesday: The Grayslake District 46 School Board meets at 6 at Grayslake Middle School, 440 Barron Blvd. A general board meeting will be held first. The agenda includes a vote on the superintendent's contract extension. The regular meeting will be followed by a Town Hall meeting to discuss the pending teacher strike.
- Thursday: The Exchange Club of Grayslake meets at noon, Thursday, Sept. 6 at the Whitney Street restaurant at 30 N. Whitney St. The guest speaker will be Matt Petersen owner/personal trainer of the Fitness Pursuit, to discuss goals in the new year.
- Friday: Renowned jazz vocalist Terry Blaine, along with pianist Mark Shane and clarinetist Dan Levinson, will perform “Swingin’ the Benny Goodman Songbook,” at 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11 in the Studio Theatre of the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts at the College of Lake County. For ticket information, click here.
, College of Lake County
, District 46
, Grayslake Exchange Club
, Grayslake Jaycees
, Lake County Fairgrounds
, and Week Ahead