Remodeling Your Home? Want A Free Zumba Class? Get Out There
Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Patch has got you covered.
It's Thursday and here are options for you to get out and explore this weekend. Enjoy!
The Lake County Home Building & Remodeling Expo
- When: Friday, Jan. 13, 4-8 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 14, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 15 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Where: 1060 E Peterson Rd, Grayslake
- Why Go: The Lake County Home Building & Remodeling Expo is being held on January 13-15, 2012, at The Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake. Attendees will find over hundreds of local and national industry experts who can help get those unfinished projects and to do lists finished while helping make those dreams for the home come true. The event includes exhibits featuring kitchens, baths, flooring, roofing, windows, doors, heating and air, fireplaces, spas & leisure products, sunrooms, landscaping, energy efficient, green products and much more. Homeowners can get ideas, inspiration, estimates and great deals.
- Fee: Free admission and free parking.
- Info: http://www.HomeShowEvent.com, 630-468-2237 or Buy Tickets here.
- When: Friday, Jan. 13, 7-9 p.m.
- Where: Strang Funeral Chapel & Crematorium, 410 E Belvidere Rd,Grayslake
- Why Go: Come join us for a fun evening of ZUMBA. We're going to dance for an hour and sweat a lot. We'll begin the evening with some helpful nutrition information.
- Fee: Free. The only 'cost' for this event is bringing a donation item of a healthy breakfast food or protein food to check-in. All donation items are going to the Chapel's Community Care Center located in Grayslake.
- Info: http://energyinsideout2.eventbrite.com
LGSA Softball Registration
- When: Friday, Jan. 13, 7 p.m.
- Where: Nicholas-Dowden Park, 920 Crane Blvd, Libertyville
- Why Go: Registration is now open for Libertyville Girls Softball Association House League. This is for girls currently in school grades Pre-K to 12 and through the end of January, we have an “Early Bird” Discount to get registered early. Practice starts in mid-April with games beginning mid-May, and the season ending with playoffs in early July. Based on age, there are several levels of play, including Peanut’s T’Ball PreK/K, Rookie’s 1st and 2nd, Minor’s 3rd and 4th, Major’s 5th and 6th, Senior’s 7th and 8th, and a High School Division. This program is for girls who want to learn to play and also have fun. All games are held at Nicholas Dowden Park, Odom Field, and the Libertyville Sports Complex.
- Fee: Free.
- Info: www.libertyvillesoftball.org for registration information for house league, winter clinics, and the Travel Program.
MissFIT Revive and Renew Healthy Body Retreat
- When: Saturday, Jan. 14, 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: 250 W Greggs Pkwy, Vernon Hills
- Why Go: Join us for a morning full of inspiration and motivation as we take you on a journey towards living a healthy and fit lifestyle. Kick off your New Year right and spend the morning with the MissFIT team learning new ways to think about fitness and nutrition. The morning activities include: an inspirational introduction, a wake up and wind down fitness class, a fitness and nutrition presentation, a wellness business expo, a nourishing lunch, raffle prizes and a conclusion for commitment.
- Fee: $35.
- Info: www.missfitcomplete.com or 847-775-0076.
Preschool and Childcare Fair
- When: Saturday, Jan. 14, 1-3 p.m.
- Where: Cook Park Library, 413 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL, FREE
- Why Go: Searching for the perfect preschool or daycare provider for your child/children? Cook Memorial Public Library is pleased to be hosting a Preschool and Childcare Fair to help families with that search. Don't miss this drop-in event to meet with over 20 preschools and daycare providers from the Libertyville/Vernon Hills/Mundelein area and get the information you need to make an informed decision and to choose an appropriate setting for your child. A free directory of all area preschools and daycare providers will be available for families to take home at the event and will also be made available on the library's website.
- Fee: Free.
- Info: http://www.cooklib.org or 847-362-2330.
Improv Playhouse Comedy Troupe "Lost Not Stolen" Show
- When: Saturday, Jan. 14, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Where: 735 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL, $7
- Why Go: This is a family friendly sketch and games based show in the style of "Whose Line..." and Chicago Improv featuring the hilarious Improv Comedy Troupe "Lost Not Stolen."
- Fee: $7 for general admission at the door; $5 for Improv Playhouse students
- Info: http://www.improvplayhouse.com or 847-968-4529.
Blues Legend: Ronnie Baker Brooks with Howard and the White Boys
- When: Saturday, Jan. 14, 9 p.m.
- Where: Viper Alley, 275 Parkway Dr, Lincolnshire
- Why Go: “THE TORCH” symbolizes Ronnie Baker Brook’s role in the evolution of contemporary blues. A legacy steeped in the Chicago music tradition, he is ignited by passion for the family craft and fuelled by the responsibility of being crowned steward of the form by some of its most venerable masters.
- Fee: $15
- Info: http://www.viper-alley.com, 847-712-0212 or Buy Tickets here.
Lake Forest Dance Academy Master Class With Internationally Known Robert McKee
- When: Sunday, Jan. 15, noon-2 p.m.
- Where: Lake Forest Dance Academy, 400 Hastings Rd, Lake Forest
- Why Go: Lake Forest Dance Academy is thrilled to bring the newest trends and innovations in Contemporary Jazz dance by offering a Master Class with Robert McKee, one of Chicagoland’s most expressive and energetic teachers. This class is open to intermediate and advanced dancers ages 12 and up. Robert is a graduate of Point Park College and a former member of Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago. He is currently on faculty at the Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago, as well as throughout the Chicago area.
- Fee: $25
- Info: LFRec.com or 847-810-3948.