On Saturday, March 2, 38 juniors from Grayslake Community High School District 127 competed at the Regional level of the Chicago Metro History Fair at Niles North High School, which consisted of schools from suburban Cook, Lake, Kane, and DuPage counties. Twenty-two Juniors were from Grayslake North, and 16 were from Grayslake Central.
Grayslake Community High School District 127 is excited to announce that the following student exhibits have advanced to the Regional Finalist level of the competition which will be held at the University of Illinois-Chicago on Tuesday, April 16. Students will be competing to advance to the State level of the History Fair, which will be held on Thursday, May 2 in Springfield.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Shelby White (GCHS) - “The Second City: Second to None”
- Jacob Swearingen (GCHS) - “The Chicago Fire and the Burnham Plan”
- Mary Grace Juance (GCHS) - “The Reversal of the Chicago River”
- Kristin Block (GCHS) - “Jazz and Blues”
- Sami Kumpf (GCHS) - “Special Olympics”
- Courtney Risinger and Allie Wahmann (GCHS) - “You’re Going to Dunning: Chicago’s Living Hell”
- Brittany Brown (GCHS) - “Give the Lady What She Wants”
- Prav Bains, Samantha Schaefer, Emily Smith (GNHS) - “The Invisible Hero”
- Sheradin Jansen (GNHS) - “Jane Addams: The Road to Women's Rights”
- Jenni Morgan (GNHS) - “Iroquois Theater Fire of 1903”
- Sean Smart (GNHS) - “Telephone: The Voice in the Wire”
—This information was submitted by District 127.