The Prairie Crossing Charter School has openings on its Board of Directors. The board is comprised of nine individuals, each holding a 3-year elected or appointed position on the board. Every year, three Board positions become eligible for replacement. Two of these positions are appointed by the School Board, and one is elected by the PCCS parent community.
Applications for the parent-elected and board-appointed Board positions are now being accepted. The three-year term for these positions will begin in October.
In order to be considered for the parent-elected or Board-appointed Board positions, applicants must submit the following documents no later than 3:30 p.m. September 4:
- Letter of intent (these should include statements that reflect your vision for the school, your strengths related to board work and why you feel you would be an asset to the board)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Applicant must declare if they are applying for the parent-elected or board appointed position. Applicants can NOT apply for both positions simultaneously. Applications which do not make this declaration will be considered invalid.
Applications received after 3:30 p.m. on September 4 will be considered invalid. Applications for parent-election should be sent Attn: Kristy Miller, PSO President. Applications for Board-appointment should be sent Attn. Eric Hebert, Nominating Committee Chairperson.
All Candidates will be certified prior to voting. This year, PCCS will be using an online voting platform, Election Buddy, that is secure and transparent. Online voting will open September 17 and will close on October 1, 2012.
PCCS Board member duties include:
- Commit to a 3-year term.
- Attend all Board meetings (every fourth Tuesday of the month), occasional special Board meetings and biannual Board retreats. Each Board meeting lasts an average of 4 hours. There is an additional 1-2 hours of prep work prior to each Board meeting.
- Serve on at least one board committee. This requires an additional 5-8 hours each month. Some examples of standing Board committees are: the Finance committee; the Communications, Public Relations, & Fundraising committee; and the Nominating committee.
- Each Board member must sign a confidentiality agreement and statement of economic interest.
To find out more about Prairie Crossing Charter School or about serving on its Board of Directors, log on to their website.