Has your child hugged a chicken today? Do you wish he/she was more enthusiastic about vegetables? Register them for the Prairie Crossing Learning Farm Camp in Graysake.
Through programs geared for ages 3 to 12, campers can engage in hands-on experiences to learn about growing food, handling chickens, and more. Campers also harvest and prepare farm-fresh healthy snacks.
Early Bird discounts available until Friday, March 15 for spring camps, and April 1 for summer camps.
- Little Sprouts: Ages 3-4 with adult caregiver
- Sweet Peas: Ages 4-6
- Don’t Be Chicken to Learn About Chickens: Ages 5-7
- Gifted Growers: Ages 6-8
- Don’t Be Chicken to Learn Even MORE About Chickens: Ages 7-10
- Green Thumbs: Ages 8-10
- Chickens: There’s Always More to Learn: Ages 10-12
- Chicken Chore Crew: Ages 8-12
After School Camps:
- Great Garden Gang: Exploring Spring: Ages 6-10
- Chicken Chore Crew: Spring: Ages 8-12
- Chicken Chore Crew: Fall: Ages 8-12
- Great Garden Gang: Exploring Fall: Ages 6-10
The Learning Farm leads a variety of outdoor farm-based education programs on a working organic farm in Grayslake. The mission of the Prairie Crossing Learning Farm is to educate and inspire people to value healthy food, land and community through experiences on the farm.
The Learning Farm is located at 32400 North Harris Road in Grayslake, inside the Prairie Crossing conservation community. Information about all Learning Farm programs is at www.prairiecrossing.com/farm/learning.php.