Snow Day! Grayslake Schools Announce Closings Due to Snowstorm
Classes have been canceled for March 5 in Districts 46 and 127.
Update, 10:59 a.m.: The Grayslake Park District announced on Facebook that all of its programs scheduled to begin after 1 p.m. have been canceled today.
"This includes all Recreation Programs, Dance Classes, Basketball Practices, Jazzercise and Open Gym."
The park district's administrative office will close at 3 p.m. and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. March 6.
Original story: Schools throughout Grayslake have already announced closings in advance of tomorrow's expected snowstorm.
Lake County is under a winter storm warning, with 7-10 inches of snow possible.
Here's a look at the closings that have been announced:
- Grayslake District 46 announced on Facebook that "the school reach call just went out canceling school in anticipation of tomorrow's storm."
- Grayslake Community High School District 127 announced on its website: "Due to impending inclement weather, classes as well as all morning, after school, and evening activities and athletics have been cancelled for Tuesday, March 5 at both Grayslake Central and Grayslake North High School. All District and building offices will be closed."
- St. Gilbert School, via the Emergency Closing Center.
- Gloryland Preschool, via the Emergency Closing Center.
- Lake County High Schools Technology Campus, via the Emergency Closing Center.
- Old School Montessori, via the Emergency Closing Center.
- Westlake Christian Academy, via the Emergency Closing Center.
The Village of Grayslake canceled its board meeting for Tuesday night.
The Grayslake Park District has canceled some programs. Park district officials shared this message on their website:
"3/4/13 7:40 p.m.
Due to the impending weather, all park district recreation programs through 1:00p.m. have been cancelled for tomorrow 3/5/13.
This includes: Jazzercise, Mom's Morning Off, PreBallet & Tap 2, PreBallet & Tap 1 and Fairytale Ballet. ALL morning and afternoon preschool classes has been cancelled for the day.
The Park District will reevaluate the weather conditions around 11:00am and a decision regarding afternoon programs will be made at that time. Please check back for additional updates."