Editor's Note: Grayslake Central and North High Schools will present "The Wizard of Oz" March 14-17 in the Grayslake Central Theatre. The production will feature more than 120 students from both high schools, along with 30 first- through sixth-graders from local elementary schools. We have been featuring Q & A profiles with various cast and crew members. Enjoy! Tickets for the play can be purchased at http://d127.ticketleap.com/oz.
Name: Kyle McClory
Grade, School: Senior, Grayslake North High School
Role: Master carpenter
1. Tell me about your job as the master carpenter.
- I head up all of the set building, teaching people to use different tools and how to build things. Probably one of the toughest (set pieces) was the witch's castle. It's very intricate and very large.
2. What's your favorite song in "The Wizard of Oz?"
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." It's kind of a classic.
3. Why should people come out to see this performance?
- People should come out to see this production because it was a huge collaboration between two high schools, and because this is a classic show. People are going to enjoy seeing it.