Patch gives you a look at the week ahead:
- Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 3, is the last day the Grayslake Aquatic Center will be open for the 2012 summer season. Hours are noon-8 p.m.
- The Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4 at the Village Hall at 10 S. Seymour Ave. The agenda includes police service awards, a land purchase discussion, a special permit for a new gas station and discussion on ordinances pertaining to solar energy and newspaper boxes.
- The School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 5 at Grayslake Middle School at 440 Barron Blvd. The agenda includes: discussion of a formal complaint against board member Michael Carbone; discussion of extending Superintendent Ellen Correll's contract for one year; a resolution regarding behavior of board members toward staff; approval of a FOIA officer; and approval of Chris Bobek being hired as the finance coordinator at a salary of $55,000 per year.
- The Exchange Club of Grayslake meets at noon, Thursday, Sept. 6 at the restaurant at 30 N. Whitney St. The guest speaker will be Missy Russo of Mothers Against Drunk Driving. She will speak about an upcoming fundraiser called "Walk Like M.A.D.D."
- The will screen the movie "The Hunger Games" at 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7 for students in grades 7-12. Refreshments will be served. Registration is required.