There has never been a better time to think about how you can help Inspire Learning in D46!
The D46 Foundation's mission is to inspire, enhance and enrich the learning experiences offered to children in the district by bringing in additional revenue to fund supplemental programs and educational opportunities that are not covered by the district's current budget.
The following is a summary of the various committee and volunteer opportunities available to members of the community who are interested in taking an active role. All members of the community are welcome - you do not need to be a D46 parent! We will elect our 2013 Board of Directors on December 12th. If you would be interested in serving as a director or on any committee, please contact Kristin Heupel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sets the vision, mission, and direction for the foundation and represents the Foundation throughout the Grayslake community.
- Meetings are held monthly with additional committee and project responsibility
- From time to time extra hands are needed to distribute flyers/posters/information to local business and schools.
- Assist at special or fundraising events.
- Time commitment very flexible, short in duration and done on your own schedule
- Gather friends and neighbors for in-home coffees or other casual gatherings to spread the word about the Foundation and its goals for D46 schools.
- Develop and monitor policies in the area of finance and governance.
- Develop and implement plan to include individual, corporate, grant, endowment, planned giving and other fundraising strategies.
- Meetings held monthly with additional fundraising duties
Special Events Committee
- Create and develop special events to increase awareness, volunteers, and funds of the Foundation.
- Meetings held monthly, with additional responsibilities during “event” time
- Opportunities for both on-going and project based administrative help.
- Current projects include creation and upkeep of membership data; coordination of classroom mini- grants, scholarships, and D46 Destination ImagiNation program.
- Utilize multi-media to increase public awareness of and involvement in Foundation activities and initiatives.
- Specific tasks might include drafting blog posts and press releases, creating electronic flyers for email distribution and school newsletters and maintaining/promoting Facebook and Twitter pages.