In the excitement of the new year, Redbox celebrates what America brought home from the kiosk, watched and loved in 2011. The winners made America laugh, cry, cheer and scream as Redbox rented its 1.5 billionth movie this year.
Movie favorites across many genres were brought home in 2011, but only a handful topped the list as Redbox’s most rented this year. For a fun showcase of all the winners, watch the 2011 Movie Awards, presented by Redbox, at www.redbox.com/movieawards. Leaving their marks on American homes, the following are Redbox’s top-rented movies of 2011:
- Most-Rented Movie: Just Go With It
- Most-Rented Action Movie: The Green Hornet
- Most-Rented Comedy Movie: Just Go With It
- Most-Rented Drama Movie: The Tourist
- Most-Rented Family Movie: Rango
- Most-Rented Horror Movie: Insidious
In a category all his own, actor Kevin James reigns supreme as the winner of the first Redbox Lifetime Achievement Award. Having delighted Redbox renters for years in movies like Grown Ups, Zookeeperand The Dilemma, James is a tried-and-true fan favorite. His hit comedy, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, was the fastest movie in Redbox history to reach one million rentals.
Natalie Portman was the Most-Rented Actress at Redbox in 2011, with Black Swan, No Strings Attached and Thor making their ways across millions of homes. The title of Most-Rented Actor at Redbox goes to Owen Wilson, with Little Fockers, How Do You Know and Cars 2 also ranking at the top of the list of fan favorites in 2011.
2011 Movie Awards Presented by Redbox - Survey Snapshots
More than 11,500 Redbox customers were polled, and the results are in:
- Bumblebee at It Again: Nearly half (45.6 percent) of fans voted Transformers: Dark of the Moon as the 2011 film that made total destruction totally exciting.
- Team Angie: Brad’s better half won over America as the female who kicked the most butt this year, with her performance in Salt (39.1 percent).
- So Long, Ross and Rachel: America voted, and Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler’s relationship in Just Go With It topped the charts as the most-loved comedy couple (37 percent).
- Dynamic Duo: Movie fans across the country said they wished they were friends with Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph in Bridesmaids (31.1 percent) more than any other friend pairing this year.
Finding the nearest Redbox® location is simple on www.redbox.com, via the Redbox iPhone® and Android™ apps or by texting FIND to 727272.
- Information submitted by Redbox.