Mr. Lutz has served as a director on the Grayslake Chamber of Commerce Board since 2000 and served as chamber president in 2007. In addition, Mr. Lutz has been heavily involved in the annual Grayslake Art Festival over its 19-year existence, serving as the festival chairman for the past 17 years.
“It is individuals like Roger that help make Grayslake a great community,” said Phil Harris, chairman of the Economic Development Commission. “Roger’s dedication and service, not only to the Chamber of Commerce, but to helping improve the downtown business district, has greatly benefited economic development in Grayslake.”
Mr. Lutz began his career with American Family Insurance in 1979. He is a member of the National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors and has won multiple awards for exceptional performance in insurance sales and service, including Millionaire Club, All American Club, Centurion Loan Award, and the Life Quality Business Award.
The Volunteer of the Year Award, presented annually by the Economic Development Commission, recognizes individuals whose volunteer efforts support economic development in Grayslake. Candidates for the Award are:
- Individuals who volunteer a significant amount of time on activities that support economic development in Grayslake.
- Individuals who participate in local civic organizations that support economic development related activities in the community.
- Individuals whose actions broaden the number of volunteer participants who support economic development activities.
- Individuals whose efforts increase the available financial resources to support the economic development activities.
- Individuals whose contributions bring positive recognition to the Village of Grayslake economic development program.
—Submitted by the Village of Grayslake Economic Development Commission.