Looks like they are popping up everywhere.
Just about every community or nearby community has a Farmer's Market.
Why the popularity?
- Supporting family operated small farms - create local business.
- Locally Grown - freshness, better taste.
- Nutrient Dense - nutrient value is lost being picked early and shipped from far away.
- Variety - find choices that you normally don't see at the local grocery.
- Organic - pesticide and herbicide free. Even higher in nutrient value.
- CSA - Community Supported Agriculture - farmer's deliver right to your door.
- Supporting local restaurants - restauranteurs' supporting the farmer and wonderful fresh menus.
- Bringing the community together - Say hello to your neighbors. Connect!
- Quality Foods - picked just a few hours before.
- Eating Seasonal Foods - Eat summer foods in the summer. Fall foods in the fall!
- Opportunity to talk to the farmer - Ask questions. Recipes. Try Something new.
The best foods your body can have. It's just healthy.
Watch - about Farmer's Markets: Healthy, Local, Fresh: Farmers Markets & Community Wellness - YouTube
Find your local Farmer's Markets: Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food