During the first week of fall semester, the College of Lake County will welcome back students at all three campuses with a variety of fun events. In addition, the public is invited to the Grayslake campus to attend a free outdoor showing of this summer’s blockbuster movie, “The Avengers,” on Friday, Aug. 24.
At the Grayslake campus, the Office of Student Life has planned a week's worth of food, fun and prizes. Welcome week activities are offered for new and returning students.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Main Lobby Courtyard. Ice cream and free ice cream scoops.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Main Lobby Courtyard. Live entertainment by Traveling Max, flavored lemonade from the tiki bar and balloon animals made by a stilt-walking balloon artist.
- Thursday, Aug. 23, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Main Lobby Courtyard. Students can climb a snow mountain, enjoy a sno cone or get a personalized photo sno globe!
- Friday, Aug. 24, 8-11 p.m. outside the Physical Education Center (Building 7). Free outdoor movie showing of “The Avengers” Bring your lawn chairs and blankets, and join us for our final free movie, which will begin at dusk. Free popcorn!
The will welcome back students with a cookout and giveaways on Aug. 21 and 22 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. outside of the Atrium.
The Lakeshore Campus in Waukegan will welcome back students with free food and fun on Aug. 22, 23 and Aug. 25 in South Lobby from 10 a.m. to noon (Saturday only) and 6-8:30 p.m. in the Lobby South, 33 N. Genesee St. and at 1 N. Genesee St., room 008. A common break will be held on Aug. 22 at 1 N. Genesee with safety tips from the CLC Police Department from 10:30-11 a.m. and 8-8:30 p.m. and Aug. 25 in South Lobby from 10:30-11 a.m. Throughout Welcome Week, when students sign up to become a member of the Lakeshore Student Association they will be entered in a raffle for an iPod shuffle, with the drawing held Aug. 27 at noon. Refreshments will be held at all events, which are sponsored by the Lakeshore Campus Student Association and center on the theme of Education: The Key to Success.
- The College of Lake County provided this information.