Editor's note: In honor of the start of the Grayslake North High School football season, I stopped by a recent varsity football practice to interview some players who volunteered. I'll be featuring these profiles over the next several days. Be sure to check out the team's schedule for this season.
Name: Merrick Gentile
1. What's great about the team this year? We come together really well. We've got the will to win.
2. Who will be your biggest opponent this year? Lakes and Crystal Lake Central. We're coming after everybody.
3. What do you love about playing football? Being able to come out on Friday nights. During the school day, you're not thinking about tests—you're thinking about the game.
4. Who is your favorite player in the NFL?Aaron Rodgers. He's a humble guy.
5. What do you do when you're not playing football? Playing baseball and doing workouts.
Be sure to check out our interview with Titus Booker! And take a look at all of our coverage of the season opener: