With just a few weekends left before kids return to school, enjoy some family time in the heart of Grayslake with music, games, food and fun, not to mention the parade, and bike and pet parade.
Grayslake's Summer Days is scheduled for August 17 and 18 at the Municipal Parking lot at Center and Seymour Avenues.
Friday, August 17 festivities will begin at 5 p.m and are as follows:
- 5 p.m. Carnival Games, Food Booths, Attractions, Business Booth Area Open. The Spotlight Company of The Dance Connection will perform
- 5:30 p.m. Medleys in Motion DJ
- 6 p.m. Two Thumbs Up
- 7 – 10 p.m. Bingo in the Bingo Tent
- 10 p.m. Modern Day Romeos
Events for Saturay, August 18 are as follows:
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Craft Show
- 11 a.m. Carnival Games, Food Booths, Attractions, Business Booth Area Open
- NOON Pet & Bike Parade sponsored by the Exchange Club of Grayslake
- 12:30 p.m. Dave Rudolf, Children's Entertainer on the Main Stage
- 1:30 p.m. Exit2Enter
- 2:30 p.m. Slam Funk (Motown)
- 3:30 p.m. Svelte Bobby and the Soul fixers
- 3–10 p.m. Bingo in the Bingo Tent
- 5 p.m. "Kiss the Pig” Contest put on by the Grayslake Kiwanis
- 5– 9 p.m. 102.3 XLC Radio Booth
- 7 p.m. Summer Days Parade “Just Having Fun in Grayslake!”
- 8 p.m. Henneberry
- 10 p.m. 7th Heaven on the Main Stage
The Summer Days Festival is put on by the Grayslake Area Chamber of Commerce. It is free and open to the public. (Schedule is subject to change.)
The , located at 164 Hawley Street, will also be open for tours on Friday and Saturday.