- Kick off the holiday season with a Lake County tradition and visit the Northern Illinois’ largest drive-through Holiday Light Festival held in Vernon Hills. View thousands of twinkling lights, animated displays and holiday decorations on the beautiful grounds of the Cuneo Mansion. The light festival is open daily from 6pm – 10pm, November 23 – December 31.
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and experience Kringle’s Kingdom of Lake County in Zion. Enjoy a leisurely walk through the indoor kingdom and uncover all its treasures featuring over 80 holiday displays. The kingdom is open November 23 – December 30 from 5pm – 9pm.
- Welcome the holiday season to town at an old-fashioned Holiday parade in Downtown Antioch on Friday night at 6:30pm. The parade will run down Main Street from Lake Street to Orchard Ave and will conclude with the official lighting of the Antioch Holiday Tree outside Village Hall. The kids will also love visiting Santa at his Enchanted Castle.
- Learn how to identify trees after their leaves have fallen at the After the Fall: A Winter Tree Walk at Volo Bog this Sunday, November 25 from 1pm – 3pm. Bark and buds, twigs, fallen nuts and other clues help reveal a tree’s identity “after the fall”. This event is geared to adults and interested youths ages 10 and up.
- This is the last weekend to participate in the Lake County Forest Preserves Hike Lake County challenge. At each preserve, look for Hike Lake County signs at the trailhead to get started on the right route. Complete just seven of the 12 designated hikes by November 30 and earn a free commemorative shield for your walking stick. Also download the Forest Preserves mobile app and use it to scan QR codes on signs hidden along the trails to unlock secret content. Uncover facts about the preserves and watch for a special keyword.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.