- First Fridays on Main Street. Start your holiday shopping tonight from 6-9 p.m. in downtown Libertyville! Take a walk down Milwaukee Avenue and look at all the beautifully dressed holiday windows. Then follow your ears or eyes - each store may be offering a special promotional event - or wine tasting - or live music. Hungry? Stop at one of the many fine restaurants offering tacos to sandwiches to an elegant meal.
- Kringles Kingdom. You won’t believe your eyes! More than 75 displays, many animated with characters larger than life. Meander along the path and stop to peek inside the display boxes, each more spectacular than the last. It’s truly a magical holiday experience. Walk-thru runs from 5-10 p.m. Thursday-Sunday at 2701 Deborah Ave., Zion.
- Breakfast with Santa at Lambs Farm. Enjoy a delicious brunch with the one and only Santa Claus on Saturday, December 8th! After brunch, kids will enjoy a variety of crafts, activities, and a photo with Santa at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m. or noon.
- Holiday Train with Radio Disney. The brightly decorated Canadian Pacific Railway Holiday Train will be making a stop at Viking Park. Radio Disney will there to help celebrate the season. Enjoy performances by The Claytones and Tracey Brown. The train will be arriving at 4:20 p.m. on Saturday, December 8th at Viking Park in Gurnee.
- Holiday Walk 2012. Bring the family out for a day fun at Waukegan's Holiday Walk on Saturday, December 8th between 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Kids will enjoy fun activities and treats. There will also be free entertainment and art for all ages. Come out and spend a few hours or the whole day in downtown Waukegan.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.