- ArtWauk. 5 - 10 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19. Come out for an evening of art, live entertainment and after parties. Dandelion Gallery will be presenting the artwork of Hans Habeger. The Urban Landscapes exhibit will open on Saturday, Jan. 19 and continues until Friday, Feb. 9. Downtown Waukegan.
- Frosty Fest. 5:30 - 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18. Get ready for an evening of wintertime family fun! Take part in carriage rides, meet sled dogs, ice sculpting, crafts, marshmallow roasting, music and a visit from Frosty the Snowman. Cocoa and snacks will be provided. Activities may change based on weather conditions. Viking Park, 4374 Old Grand Ave., Gurnee.
- Children’s Fingerprint Activity. Saturday, Jan. 19 from 1 - 5 p.m. The Great Lakes Naval Museum is hosting a free activity for kids about the science of fingerprinting and how it is used in the Navy. Children will learn about the history of fingerprinting, take their own fingerprints and learn how to identify different types of prints. This event is open to the public. Great Lakes Naval Museum, 610 Farragut Avenue, Building 42, Great Lakes.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Special at Rink Side. Monday, Jan. 21, bring out the family for a day of fun at Rink Side. The kids can enjoy a day off of school ice skating, playing laser tag, mini golfing and more! $24.95 includes pizza, drinks and wristbands for 4 kids. Rink Side Family Entertainment Center, 6152 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee.
- 5th Annual Lake County Bridal Show. Sunday, Jan. 20, Noon - 4 p.m., vendors from all over Lake, Kenosha and McHenry counties will be available to help plan your dream wedding. Event also includes a grand prize giveaway for a honeymoon vacation from Sandals. If you need help planning your wedding, from reception venues to hotel rooms and more, contact Visit Lake County at (847) 662-2700. Double Tree by Hilton Mundelein, 510 E. IL Route 83, Mundelein.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.