- Stroll beautiful downtown Libertyville at First Fridays on Mainstreet tonight from 6pm – 9pm. Enjoy dinner at one of the many restaurants featuring everything from sandwiches to steak. Then hit the street for live music and special promotional events on every corner.
- Enjoy a night out tonight at Lovells of Lake Forest for their Fall Wine Tasting event happening 6:30pm – 9:30pm. There will be vendors available to help you select you favorite wine and find some new wines for you to try. This event will feature 80 plus wines from around the world. There will also be an array of appetizers available.
- Grab your pumpkins and head over to the Sled Hill at Century Park in Vernon Hills on Saturday at 11am to roll, launch and smash pumpkins. Mundelein will be holding their annual pumpkin drop on Sunday from 12:30pm – 1:30pm at the Keith Mione Community Park.
- This is the last weekend to experience The Farm: Images from the Heartland 2012 exhibit at the Lake County Discovery Museum in Wauconda. The exhibit features the work of winning artists of the Images of the Heartland contest that ran prior. The topics for the artist are farm scenes – buildings, equipment, animals, farm fields, crops, and people.
- Enjoy fall breezes and autumn colors while exploring designated Lake County Forest Preserves trails. At each preserve, look for Hike Lake County signs at the trailhead to get started on the right route. Complete just seven of the 12 designated hikes by November 30 and earn a free commemorative shield for your walking stick. Also download the Forest Preserves mobile app and use it to scan QR codes on signs hidden along the trails to unlock secret content. Uncover facts about the preserves and watch for a special keyword.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.