- Stroll beautiful downtown Libertyville at First Fridays on Mainstreet tonight from 6pm – 9pm. Enjoy dinner at one of the many restaurants featuring everything from sandwiches to steak. Then hit the street for live music and special promotional events on every corner.
- Stop out at the Vernon Hills Metra Station on Saturday night from 3pm – 10pm for an evening of fun and laughter at their 8th Annual Oktoberfest Celebration. There will be crafts, pumpkin painting, a petting zoo, food, live entertainment and more.
- Bring the family out for a day of fun at the Ryerson Conservation Area Forest Preserve in Riverwoods on Sunday from 1pm – 4pm. There will be guided walks, games and wagon rides surrounded by some of Lake County’s loveliest fall colors.
- Sip cider, wine and beer, while shopping and listening to live music at the Fall Bulb Festival happening all weekend at the Chicago Botanic Garden. Many vendors will feature pumpkins, pottery, cheese, honey, soaps, gourmet foods, salsas, herbs, vegetables and more. The kids will enjoy the challenge of navigating a straw bale maze and participating in a leaf hunt.
- Enjoy a day of arts and crafts, food, hayrides, a petting zoo and kid’s games at the Fox Lake Oktoberfest this Saturday from 11am – 8pm at Lakefront Park. There will also be a beer tent for patrons 21 and over. The kids’ activities will be happening from 11am – 4pm.
A weekend full of family fun adventure can be found on VisitLakeCounty.org.