Celebrate America’s birthday in Lake County this week with all the festivals, family fun and fireworks taking place!
- Come and celebrate Independence Day at Naval Station Great Lakes. Enjoy two full days of "fire-cracking" festival fun at one of the biggest 4th of July celebrations in the region! Each day, the celebration will include live music and family entertainment, a bingo tent with prizes, a craft fair, the Gridiron Experience with interactive football activities including a "Kicks for Cash" competition, a Kid's Zone, carnival rides, games, delicious food available from local area vendors, and much more! Then enjoy the amazing firework displays that will take place on July 3rd and 4th! The event will take place from 3-11:30pm on July 3rd and 12-10pm on July 4th.
- Stop by Six Flags Great America on July 4th for their second annual 4th Fest. There will be a Funnel Cake Eating contest, live wrestling show, entertainment with live bands set-up throughout the park, 4th of July specialty foods, and a patriotic-themed Glow in the Park parade at 9:30pm followed by a fully choreographed fireworks spectacular!
- Take a leisurely stroll with your dog into the quaint shops of Mainstreet Libertyville during Libertyville’s Dog Days of Summer. This event is running all weekend with Cook Park being the center of activity. There will be a K-9 demonstration by the Lake County Sheriff’s department, a doggie fashion show, bands, a treasure hunt, prizes and much more. Friday night is also Mainstreet Libertyville’s First Friday celebration.
- Stop by Northern Illinois’ largest Civil War reenactment this Saturday from 10am – 5pm and Sunday 9am – 3pm at the Lake County Discovery Museum’s 21st Annual Civil War Days. The event features infantry, cavalry and artillery reenactors, as well as musicians, sutlers, a large-scale battle renenactment, ongoing drills, kids’ activities and Civil War era shopping.
- Friday night is the 8th Annual Barrington Wine Tasting held at the Metra lot – Brat tent from 6pm – 10pm. There will be live musical entertainment, over 50 wines to taste, hors d’oeuvres and more. On Saturday in Downtown Barrington next to the Metra Station from 3pm – 7pm is Barrington’s 9th Annual Brew Fest. This event will include over 50 craft beers, live music, 50/50 raffle, a bean bag tournament and much more.
Visit Lake County serves as the official destination marketing organization for Lake County, Illinois and partners with municipalities, hotels, attractions and hospitality related businesses to stimulate visitor spending throughout the county. Visit Lake County provides travel resources for visitors through 1-800-LAKE-NOW and VisitLakeCounty.org.