Grayslake Area Public Library
The Grayslake Area Public Library serves as the heart and center of the community – a central information hub, a place for individuals, families and community groups to gather, a place to share ideas and a place to come for entertainment, assistance and learning. The library staff serve community members by providing resources and services including: information and reference assistance, research help, community info. and resources, meeting spaces, a diverse collection of popular materials, computer access and help, other specialized services, Friends' books sales, and a wide and varied range of programs for patrons of all ages (adult, youth and teen) including book clubs, story times, crafts, music concerts, historical, how-to and educational programming.
- Hours: Mon - Thurs, 9:30am - 9pm; Fri, 9:30am - 6pm; Sat, 9:30am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The building is equipped with automatic doors and an elevator.
- Founding Date: Mar 06 1931
- What makes this community special?: The library district that we serve has an abundance of community spirit and residents of all ages support and participate in community programs and activities. It’s a very collaborative community.
- Parking: Free lot
- Specialties: The Grayslake Area Public Library District houses a broad range of materials to suit the varied interests of our community.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: All computers require a library card to use.
- Programs/classes: Youth, teen, adult, family and community events; for a full schedule, visit www.grayslake.info.
- Book donation information: There is an ongoing year-round book sale in the lobby sponsored by the Friends of the Library, a group that is always looking for volunteers.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes