Grayslake Lions Club
Members of the Grayslake Lions Club raise funds to assist the blind and help children get eye exams. Its major events include the annual Steer Roast in the fall, the Christmas Food Drive, the Pancake Breakfast in the spring and regular parties for the residents at Winchester House in Libertyville. The 50 or so club members give generously to local children and adults. During the annual Food Drive, they provide 140 food baskets in partnership with local high school students who collect tons of non-perishable food. As a fraternal organization, The Lions Club is always open to new members.
- Hours: General Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7pm. They are open to the public. New members are always welcomed.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: May 05 1940
- What makes this community special?: It is the small town community feel. There is a real sense of community pride here, pride in education and community activities.
- Scope: International, Local
- Type: Health and Disability