Prairie Crossing Charter School is an innovative public charter school in Grayslake. It serves students from Fremont (#79) or Woodland (#50) school districts in grades K-8 with an academic curriculum centered on the environment. PCCS is the only school chartered by the Illinois State Board of Education. Classrooms are grouped by ages. Teachers incorporate both the indoors and outdoors as one large classroom with a focus on environmental education. The mission of the school is to transform children through academic discovery and interaction with unique natural, ecological and community resources.
- Fax: 847-573-9744
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
- Handicap Accessible: ADA compliant
- Founding Date: Aug 16 1999
- Number of students: 392
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by Illinois State Board of Education
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:22
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 50+
- How engaged is the school with the community?: We have strong partnerships with the local community.
- What makes this community special?: It is an environmental- and health-conscious community and that makes it a great place to raise kids.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-8
- Uniforms: No
- Boarding: No