Woodland Community Consolidated School District 50
Woodland District 50 is the 7th largest elementary district in the state, serving nearly 7,000 students and encompassing 33 square miles. The district serves students in northern Lake County from Gurnee and portions of Grayslake, Third Lake and Waukegan.
District 50 schools serving students from early childhood levels through 8th Grade include: primary, elementary east, elementary west, intermediate and middle school.
The mission of District 50 is "Learning...to find solutions." Whether through community involvement, partnerships or embracing technology, Woodland students engage in continuous improvements for academic excellence.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 7,000
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 950
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Very involved. We have several committees where community members play key roles. These groups are part of the foundation of our students and staff.
- What makes this community special?: The district is filled with parents who are vested in the success of their children as well as the businesses, agencies and organizations who are part of the community. Everyone works together for benefit of the children.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Early childhood - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Uniforms: No